Cople is a quiet village just 3 miles east of the county town of Bedford, Bedfordshire and is mentioned in the Domesday Book.
The Five Bells has stood at the centre of Cople for over 400 years. It stands opposite the All Saints Church, which itself dates from 1087, and also opposite what was once the village blacksmith’s forge and cottage.
The pub derived its name from when the Church had five bells. Although the Church now has six bells the pub has kept its original name.
The Five Bells is an attractive 15th century building with a traditional bar, dining room, patio and garden.
At the end of 2014 the Five Bells was acquired by Hawthorne Leisure from the Greene King brewery. In December 2015 the village welcomed the new managers Agatha and David Burgos recently from Barcelona, Spain. Agatha and David offer great British and some Spanish food, including speciality evenings and music events.
Follow the Five Bells on Facebook
| George Karaiskou
| Agatha Burgos
Bethany Anne Measures